General Policy Statement
The Directors of the Pontrilas Group of Companies regard the promotion of Health, Safety and Welfare as a mutual objective for management and employees at all levels.
We also fully accept our responsibility for other persons who may be affected by our products or activities, including the general public. We will take steps to ensure that our statutory duties are met at all times.
- Each Employee will be given such information, instruction and training as is necessary to enable the safe performance of their work activities.
- It is the duty of the Managers to ensure that all processes and systems of work are designed to take account of Health and Safety and are properly supervised at all times.
- Adequate facilities and arrangements will be maintained to enable employees and their representatives to raise issues of Health and Safety.
- Competent persons will be appointed to assist us in meeting our statutory duties including, where appropriate, specialists from outside the organisation.
- Every Employee must cooperate with us to enable all statutory duties to be complied with.
- The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment from all levels of employees, from the Boardroom to the Shop-floor.
- Each individual has a legal obligation to take reasonable care for his or her own Health and Safety, and for the Health and Safety of other people who may be affected by his or her acts or omissions.
- Full details of the organisation and arrangements for Health and Safety will be set out in separate documents.
This Policy statement introduces the main Policy framework of the Group and will be regularly monitored to ensure that the objectives are achieved.
It will be reviewed and, if necessary, revised in the light of new legislative or organisational changes.
All revisions made will be brought to the attention of all Employees without undue delay.